This is a petition to gain support for the people’s struggle against the current unreasonable service tariffs and enforcements being implemented by the City of Cape Town
DearCapeTown plans to hand these signatures and comments to the City of Cape Town.
Since 2017 the City of Cape Town has instituted the following service tariff structures:
- Day Zero was removed from 2018 therefore Level 6b Water Tariffs which include an average increase of 500% plus must be removed too.
- Approved Electricity Daily Charge of R8.21 per day to be effective from 1 July 2018 must be removed.
- Water accounts estimates based on a previous usage period must stop. It is the duty of the city to produce accurate accounts from actual meter readings.
- The enforcement of Water Management Devices (WMD) and in many cases, forcing residents to pay for them.
Please have your say in the space provided below: Closing date is 27 March.
1538 comments sent so far.
A copy of your message will be sent to you along with an automated proof of receipt. Check your junk mail folder if you can’t find it.
LIVE FEED OF COMMENTS SENT
Displaying newest 10 comments sent. Reload the page to see more.
2018-03-20 21:08:51 +02:00
We need to stop the DA ripping us off.
Their Time is Up. Never to vote for them again.
2018-03-20 11:25:27 +02:00
I am tired of these inflated rates that I am forced to pay. Something should be done about this.
2018-03-20 09:51:59 +02:00
Shocking. People hardly survive on the salaries we receive. This is literally trying to cook us slowly till we're dead, no money, no spending on anything, so the economy suffers
2018-03-20 08:54:27 +02:00
1) your constant threats of water running out, day zero, and the costs incurred by individuals ,myself to implement necessary precautions that will see us through for at least 6/7 months without water. This has cost me an untold fortune. Who wil reimburse me for my outlay? Instead we have to endure your mismanagement and untruths regarding our water status.
Now 6b water tariffs..... I think not!!!
2) What percentage of Cape Town rate payers will pay this? Why? Again because of your inability to do your jobs efficiently. NO CAN DO!!
3)ACCURATE! This is clearly not a word that is practised or understood... it goes together with decent, honourable and integrity.
4) This is NOT something that applies to
people who have RESPECTFULLY reduced their water usage in line with the
current circumstances. This should be applied to those OVER USES and installed in townships where they use water freely. Right!
2018-03-20 07:49:40 +02:00
Strongly object to the proposed increase in tariffs!
2018-03-19 13:33:09 +02:00
We are doing our absolute best to save water and yet we are punished for doing just that......!
2018-03-19 11:51:00 +02:00
I've just had a second metre installed. Still having problems with water flow. This is ridiculous and then we expected to pay more for services which most times are inadequate and giving more problems than anything else.
2018-03-19 11:32:08 +02:00
It is unacceptable that we are forced to pay for water and electricity that increases every year by more than 10% if salaries and wages only increases by 8% average per annum. The water meters that's being installed are forced upon us by the City of Cape Town, it's not SABS approved, they are faulty in most cases and after a month the council sends you a bill of R4000.00. This is unacceptable, we've put these people in power now they want to force us to pay for their mistakes. On top of this the council want to list you with the Credit Bureau if you refuse to pay for these meters, unacceptable. The people in charge are liars, they promise one thing and do the opposite. How many old and sick people are suffering with no water because of these meters. DOwn with these high illegal charges, I say.
2018-03-18 22:02:45 +02:00
It's really unacceptable my meter is leaking and I have been trying to get the municipal to get my meter fixed for almost 3 weeks now to no avail
2018-03-18 21:59:33 +02:00